Ph: (727) 559-1224
Laura brings extensive experience to the legal community and other business organizations. Organizations that Laura has provided consulting and/or training:
Business Professionalism for the Legal Field
Learn to navigate the nuances of communication, build relationships, and create positive interactions.
Laura is a sought-after consultant, educator, speaker, and expert on civility, social and business etiquette, international protocol, attorney and executive refinement. Laura’s seminars are engaging, motivating, information-packed, and shed new light on business competence in real life situations. Content is immediately applicable.
Laura has helped thousands of people learn to interact and communicate more effectively. She has been featured on television, radio and quoted in numerous newspapers and magazines.
Laura has over 25 years experience in human resources and organization development in a variety of industries having consulted with Fortune 500 companies, government organizations, professional service firms, and professional associations. Additionally, Laura has taught both undergraduate and graduate sociology at the University of Minnesota. With a Masters degree in management and organizational sociology, and certification as an etiquette consultant and speaker, Laura is uniquely qualified to address civility, professionalism, and etiquette in the legal community.
CEO & Founder of the Civility & Etiquette Centre, the leading civility, etiquette, and international communications consulting firm devoted exclusively to the legal field in the United States.
Coauthor, The Power of Civility: Top Experts Reveal the Secrets to Social Capital
Television Appearances include NBC, CBS, FOX, TLC
Radio Appearances include the CBS-WCCO, Twin Cities myTalk 107.1 FM
Quoted in numerous publications including Colorado Springs Gazette, Chicago Tribune, Columbia Daily Tribune, Columbus Dispatch, Minnesota Business Magazine, Minneapolis Star Tribune, Myrtle Beach Sun, Seattle Times, St. Paul Pioneer Press, Twin Cities Business Magazine
Committee Member - Global Civility Council
Certified Development Dimensions International Speaker, Leadership Spectrum Profile® Facilitator, and Etiquette Consultant
Master’s Degree in Management & Organizational Sociology, University of Minnesota
Contact Laura to transform your professionalism and improve your social competence!
Ph: (727) 559-1224 / Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Civility & Etiquette Centre
Laura A. Barclay
Finance / Legal
* Aegon (Law Department) * Assoc. Legal Administrators, Miami
* Assoc. Legal Administrators, Orlando * Assoc. Legal Administrators, Sarasota
* Faegre & Benson * Fish & Richardson * Fowler White Boggs Banker * League of Minnesota Cities
* National Association of Legal Professionals * PricewaterhouseCoopers (PwC)
Healthcare / Insurance
* Allina * Atlantic Training Zone, LLC * AvMed Health Plans * Colon & Rectal Surgery Association
* Karen Singer, M.D. P.A. * MetLife * PacifiCare
* Specialists in General Surgery * UnitedHealthcare
Human Resources / Staffing
* Administaff * Drake Beam Morin (DBM) * Human Resource Professionals of MN
* MacDonald Training Center * Opportunity Works, Inc.
* Pinellas Professionals Network Div. of CareerSource * RiseSmart
Associations / Membership Organizations
* American Business Women's Association * American Society for Training & Devel. Suncoast
* Edina Country Club * eWomen Network * Girl Scouts * Intl. Assoc. of Administrative Professionals St. Paul
* Intl. Assoc. of Administrative Professionals TC West * Minnesota Bankers Association
* National Concierge Association * North Dakota Soybean Council * North Dakota Trade Office
* Sales & Marketing Executives International * The Affair
Construction / Manufacturing / Real Estate / Energy / Communications
* APi National Service Group * Geronimo Energy * Goodman Group
* Jeanie Premium Products * Masonite * Maytag * Uni-Systems * Werner Electric
* Academy of Holy Angels * Anoka County School Administrators
* Metropolitan State University Pepin Academy, Tampa, FL
* Redeemer Lutheran School, Wayzata * Santa Fe College, Gainesville, FL
* Univ. of MN, Civil Service Bargaining Unit * Univ. of MN, Computer Science & Engineering
* Univ. of MN, Controller’s Department * Univ. of MN, School of Dentistry
* Univ. of MN, School of Design, Housing & Apparel * Upward Bound